Monday, April 13, 2009

Each Day Slowly Gets Better

Last night Callie didn't even whine at all! All of us actually slept. At 2:30am I took her out, and when I put her back in, she didn't cry. Instead she fell right back asleep. Thankfully Mom was up at 5 so at 5:30 she took Callie out for me. The bad thing was that after us being with her for the 2 hours before everyone was out of the house, she whined in her crate when we put her in!

I gave her a bath later in the day when it was hotter. We started out in the backyard, but she did not like the hose. Every time I brought her over and sprayed her she would run away and was sitting by the back door. So I picked her up and carried her wet self through the house and into the bathtub. Once I closed the curtain and got her sitting she was fine. I realized she didn't like the hose because the water was cold! She was shaking and so I turned the bathtub water to warm and she settled down for that. After we finished I dried her off and immediately she climbed onto her bed and curled up. I got her brush and began brushing her which she liked, and it helped with drying out her coat.

Since she has all this puppy energy I took her on a short walk. But, of course, since she's just a puppy, after a block she was worn out! Because of this I just took her up the street and back. The sun warmed her up and now she was fully dry.

The kitties now have this game. Snickers enjoys watching Callie in the backyard, and whenever she comes up he will look at her and then hiss, and then Callie will get upset and start barking, and he'll whack the door, and Callie will get freaked out and won't go anywhere near that door, but then when she stays away Snickers will meow! And Annie will sneak under the baby gate and see how far she can sneak through the house without Callie noticing, and then once Callie does, she'll taunt her and Callie will run after and Annie will either sneak behind the couch or will run back under the baby gate. Then ten minutes later she'll be back out playing this game. Both cats aren't afraid of her, and Snickers won't actually run away. If Callie is out of the room, he's himself. Annie hasn't been affected at all. So this is working out nicely!

Unfortunately we couldn't get Callie out today. So this is the first day we haven't had her socializing with anything. But out in the backyard she did hear a jet plane, so I guess we sort have gotten her socialization done. Tomorrow hopefully we can take her to Home Depot because we have PVC pipes we need to return. (Thought they'd work for putting wires in, but they don't fit.)

Now she's playing with her toys with that endless puppy energy. Good girl, Callie.

No comments:

Post a Comment