Friday, April 17, 2009

Getting Caught Up

Well, I didn't post in a few days because things have been crazy! Tuesday night Callie got stung by a scorpion right by her eye, and if it weren't for her large size, then we would have had to take her to the ER and see about her living or not. She's absolutely fine now which is good.

Anyways, Wednesday we had Callie's appointment with the trainer. We love her trainer because she's very nice and understands, and she has the cutest dog! He's about 10 years old and is a mix, part black Labrador Retriever, and he's huge! Except, not so little miss Callie is already about his height! He's heavier and longer, though. ;-) The trainer is very happy to see that Callie knows how to walk on a leash, I swear it's like she was already taught! (Maybe she was?) She was also glad to hear that Callie will automatically sit for a treat like we've trained her to, and that she already knows a few commands. She helped us to work on her puppy biting, and gave us some tips for finishing off her house training. She's doing extremely well now! The advice is working out great and I think we have a model citizen puppy! After we went out to eat before Mutual at Subway, where all the workers just had to come out and pet her. Mom had to get some meat just for Callie. She loved it, and gobbled it all down. She got cold though and so I went and ate in the car while she curled up and slept in warmth.

Thursday was her vet appointment. We went to her appointment and got another one of her shots. Callie was so intrigued by the chew she gave her she didn't notice! Vet said that her lungs and heart sound fabulous and she looks good! We also went out to eat with her at Sonic. She just sat next to us the whole time and her Nana (Mom) just loves spoiling her so ordered a hamburger patty just for her! We also stopped by the petstore who knew Callie, and we showed some pictures of her. Did I mention in the 5 days we've had her she's gained 4 pounds?! They couldn't believe how big she's gotten just from Saturday!!

Today we're taking her to the pet store to show her off in person. We may even stop by Home Depot to return some PVC pipes that I thought would work in covering the cords for puppy proofing, if I can get Mom to go along with it!

Another thing, this morning I woke up to Callie laying next to me on the sofa! This bad puppy, she knows she's not allowed on the furniture! I just had to laugh, because I thought it was one of the cats, and I couldn't believe I didn't wake up to her jumping up! She of course got disciplined for it, but not until I got a smile on my face.

As of today, Callie knows "sit", "come", "stay", "go pee", and "paw" (shake)! She also has her house training almost finished up, and we're now going on regular walks to the mailbox. I can't wait for her to learn more and start her obedience classes! What a great puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment